+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: M4 New permanent 50mph form 15th (Be Careful Out There )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: M4 New permanent 50mph form 15th (Be Careful Out There )

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I’m amazed they don’t have average speed cameras on every bridge.

Personally I think it’s all about keeping the flow of traffic moving . Much easier to drive and less bobbing and weaving etc when it’s 50mph. Put the adaptive cruise control on and relax. It’s the future.
    Have you ever tried using cruise control in a steady three lanes of traffic doing 50mph ? Impossible and very dangerous. The flow of traffic is fine until you meet the 50mph restrictions and then everything concertinas and comes to a grinding halt. There is more lane jumping, pollution and traffic jams on this section of motorway now than there was before they had the restrictions in place. Its just a money raising exercise.

Re: M4 New permanent 50mph form 15th (Be Careful Out There )

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Have you ever tried using cruise control in a steady three lanes of traffic doing 50mph ? Impossible and very dangerous. The flow of traffic is fine until you meet the 50mph restrictions and then everything concertinas and comes to a grinding halt. There is more lane jumping, pollution and traffic jams on this section of motorway now than there was before they had the restrictions in place. Its just a money raising exercise.
    Adaptive cruise control. Maintains the distance to the car in front. I honestly believe If they enforce a 50 mph limit on the motorways, allow undertaking , the flow of traffic will be much improved. Less accidents.

I’ve driven in America a lot , and it’s so much easier there. If your getting off at the next junction, move to the right hand lane , if not stay in the outer lanes. Simple.