+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky and womens football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sky and womens football

What I never understand is why men start negative threads about women’s football on places like this - why not just ignore it if you don’t like it?

Judging by what TBG says, my opinion is similar to his - like him, I don’t get how the BBC rates the top league in the women’s game above any division in the Football League and a visit to the Guardian’s football page often has a woman’s match as its main game, I don’t get that.

I went along to the women’s Champions League Final when it was held in Cardiff a few years ago and left after ninety minutes, not because women’s football is crap, but because it was a crap game which was never going to produce a goal between two teams I had no affiliation for. On the other hand, there’s been the occasional match I’ve watched right through on the telly because it was a good game - football’s football, you get dreadful games and great games no matter who’s playing it.

Re: Sky and womens football

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What I never understand is why men start negative threads about women’s football on places like this - why not just ignore it if you don’t like it?

Judging by what TBG says, my opinion is similar to his - like him, I don’t get how the BBC rates the top league in the women’s game above any division in the Football League and a visit to the Guardian’s football page often has a woman’s match as its main game, I don’t get that.

I went along to the women’s Champions League Final when it was held in Cardiff a few years ago and left after ninety minutes, not because women’s football is crap, but because it was a crap game which was never going to produce a goal between two teams I had no affiliation for. On the other hand, there’s been the occasional match I’ve watched right through on the telly because it was a good game - football’s football, you get dreadful games and great games no matter who’s playing it.
    I was at that champions league game. Right next to the PSG fans, hell of a racket from them! The thing is with womens football is that it needs promoting, if that's manufactured or put in a position that is false, based on popularity and interest, then so be it in my opinion, it isn't going to impact on the mens game.

The other thing that strikes me as odd is that plenty of people on here (certainly not you) portray it as a them vs us scenario, even when they're being positive about the Womens game, it shouldn't be that way, it's still football, just a different level. We've all had mothers, daughters, wives, aunties, nieces, female friends etc, an intrinsic part of our lives, yet it seems that plenty of blokes just don't want to be positive about something that they have a direct affiliation towards. I have a daughter that likes football, she watches some games with me and oddly enough likes Aston Villa (after City) i'm thrilled that she has easy, mainstream access to the womens game as it's in my interests for her to be able to enjoy the sport as much as i do, something that hasn't been encouraged in society.