Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
I can't place Boris, political compass has his campaign in 2019 pegged as authoritarian and economically very far to the right, not convinced about that myself but I am certainly struggling with the idea that he is centre right though. Seems like a humdrum mix of left wing sympathetic populist economic policy, mixed with the great British pastime of benefit bashing whilst floating a cabinet containing people with some obvious character flaws and dubious views.

Forgive me but that is one of the more naive things I have read on this board. There definitely is a very non-secret motive/plot to privatise the NHS but thankfully it is the one thing that is nailed to the ground, right now it would be political suicide but never say never.

That is all well and good but would you hold your nose and carry on voting for them if they began to pivot towards 'the NHS is too expensive, there must be a better way...'?
I have been reading stories that the Tories want privatise the NHs since at least Margaret Thatchers time and I suspect such stories have been flying around since 1946.

They're taking their time aren't they!!!

People also forget that the Tories also intended to bring in a National Health Service if they had won in 1945 ( though it would have had differences to the Labour model.