Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
I didn't say that, can you tell me what I am meant to be doing to stop policemen kidnapping and murdering women and I will give it a try.

Second part of my point is simple, this unhealthy discourse WILL embolden a counter culture and will in the end eventually be the downfall of any real attempt to address the issue, in essence the discussion/side-taking will become more important than the issue itself. We have all seen this happen many times before, for an example see 'white privilege', a clumsy phrase jumped upon by anybody wishing to block/limit real positive change in terms of equality.
Went down to Clapham Common with my Press ID - because that’s my job. The bandstand was surrounded on all sides by women - and a few men - fed up, exhausted, let down.

Without question: this gathering at Clapham Common is less Covid safe, more angry and much more radical in terms of the voices dominating it, than if the Met had reached an agreement with #ReclaimTheseStreets for a marshalled events. (Instead, it is led by @SistersUncut)

Lots of women early on did just as the Duchess of C did - come look at the flowers for a bit, make their point, move on. Then it got darker, then Sisters Uncut started leading speeches from the bandstand, then the police moved in. As you’ll have seen from plenty of footage by now

Personal view: speech from the bandstand sounded a lot like contempt of court & will be especially if republished. People are understandably very angry about the suspect’s history in the police. But I worry tonight may be used by his lawyers to question the fairness of any trial

I have also wondered a lot this week about how Sarah Everard’s family actually feel about all of this. They, and her personal friends, are grieving somewhere tonight.

I’m as angry as any other woman, and as determined as any other feminist campaigner to Do Something. But Sarah Everard, the real person, doesn’t actually belong to any of us, you know?

https://twitter.com/KateMaltby/statu...20967149281290
Might be what you're talking about. Especially as several on twitter are saying the suspect committed the crime which obviously hasn't been determined yet.