Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
That would make more sense if the announcement of unlimited travel in Wales and a reopening of some hotels was announced late tonight for a Saturday start - as it is, it's hardly been done at "the very last minute".

Anyway, making big announcements late in the day seems to be what Governments in the UK do these days - there have been plenty of times in the last year or more when I've watched Newsnight and they're discussing something that had only just been announced in the last few minutes by Johnson's mob.
I disagree with you on this. take a hotel in Wales, Drakeford gives 36 hours notice that it can open. It needs to get staff together, possibly off furlough, get stock of food in, heat and clean the building, taking bookings etc

Same with Caravan sites. They have been taking a chance by getting staff in the grounds ready ahead of Drakeford's announcement, getting the grounds tidy, etc

There is no reason on earth why he should leave these important decisions for Welsh business until the last minute. You and I look at the daily Covid data and we can see the trends as well as Drakeford. He has a total disregard for business.