+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    As has been indicated by TLG the trust did loads of work to try and encourage the club to engage with the local community in the areas of Grangetown, Butetown and Riverside

The trust held an evening at the stadium which was hijacked by the club and instead of asking fans from the citys ethnic minorities present about involvement we were given a slide show on how great cardiff city were at engaging with the community

It was cobblers

At one point a fan from the docks of west Indian origin asked the club about real jobs for the local community at Cardiff City .......he , like most of those assembled meant office jobs , PR , administration , advertising, back room staff etc

The groundsman interrupted with the suggestion that there were lots of casual jobs in catering ......in other words , serving burgers

It was unbelievable , I spoke to the guy who raised the question after the presentation and I said I am sorry I don't know what to say 😐

After the event , which was very David Brent I spoke to a group of somali lads and they said all their mates love football but don't feel welcome at Cardiff City

And when you see and witness the backward ignorant attitude of the club towards inclusion you can see why

Cardiff City has on its doorstep a large black and Asian community . Unless things have changed the club is still ignoring them .
    I'm not surprised to hear any of that. What was it Sludge, 10 years ago? Things look like they haven't changed. Fans should Email the club and complain. I hope the press get hold of it as well. Cardiff has a proud history of fighting racism, and although far from perfect, is in a much healthier position (when it comes to inclusion) than plenty of other towns and cities. CCFC should be ashamed, and the person who used the words 'Reverse Racism' needs educating.

Re: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not surprised to hear any of that. What was it Sludge, 10 years ago? Things look like they haven't changed. Fans should Email the club and complain. I hope the press get hold of it as well. Cardiff has a proud history of fighting racism, and although far from perfect, is in a much healthier position (when it comes to inclusion) than plenty of other towns and cities. CCFC should be ashamed, and the person who used the words 'Reverse Racism' needs educating.
    Good shout about emailing the club, we could suggest that a few of the players get down to James St for a photo opportunity. The squad is quite diverse and it should be celebrated.