Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
“But ordinary things like barbecuing are held to be absolutely extraordinary when royals do them”, that is so, so it - the sense of wonderment that some people have at the notion of them doing something that most of us wouldn’t give a second thought to.

I see one hundred plus people have complained to the BBC because they made it too easy to complain about the blanket coverage of Philip’s death on Friday

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...es-duke-nation
Fancy people expressing a point of view that is different from you and others on here (including myself incidentally, but they have a right to express it) Bob.

How dare they. Must be a load of plebs who lack the intelligence of many on here.

I quite enjoy some of Marina Hyde's, writing incidentally. But some seem to see her and similar writers of all political persuasions as all seeing wise sages who always get it right on such matters when all they are doing is writing is an opinion piece which sometimes hits the mark and other times is a load pf pretentious nonsense

As with many other writers of the genre of left and right I often wonder how much of the stuff they write is theirs and how much comes out of editorial meetings and they are just the ones who put it all together