Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
I have a good friend down here on the south coast who wears his Liverpool shirt for every game on the TV, has signed Liverpool memorabilia on his wall and refers to them as “we” and never misses a game on the box.

He has never been to Anfield and never seen Liverpool at an away game down this way either. He once went to Liverpool on a business trip and we asked him if he visited the ground while he was there and he said no!

When they lost a few consecutive home games in January he said to me and our other mate ( a Leeds fan) you wouldn’t know the pain I’m going through right now - we didn’t know whether to laugh or cry

He does love football but it’s just difficult to understand for those of us who actually invest time and money to go and watch “our” team
I have no doubt he loves football and loves Liverpool and does feel gutted when they lose but the wider football community know the score here

People like him haven't been up to catch the 0625 to Paddington or gone to Mansfield or Lincoln and lost

Genuine Liverpool fans from Merseyside and genuine United fans from Manchester would rather chat to proper football fans than these hangers on , many working class scousers and mancs were priced out of home games as the clubs knew there were loads of day tripper fans ready to fill anfield and old Trafford

The rest just watch on the TV

From Devon, Dorset , South Wales , Berkshire, Surrey