Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
For me, Moore has been the best striker at City since Bothroyd. It's been a long time since an individual striker's performance has gone on to help lift the performances of the players around them.

If he goes on to have decent performances at the Euros, I foresee Cardiff struggling to keep suitors at bay.
Moore's scored 18 in the league now matching Bothroyd's league total in 2010-2011.
Ross McCormack scored 21 league goals in 2008-2009, Chopra scored 22 in 2006-2007, Jerome 18 in 05-06 and Earnie 21 in 03-04.

- Supporting cast should also be factored into it. Moore's been more isolated this year than any of the others on the list have, although Bothroyd had to share goals with Chopra and Bellamy whereas Moore has been more of the main man.

- Style of play should be mentioned but arguably heavy focus on set-pieces means Moore hasn't been hindered as much as you think whereas the others were played to their strengths also.

- Overall contribution to season should be noted as well. Two former players have suggested that the team with Bothroyd and Chopra should have gone up but didn't because of off the field lack of professionalism and both have named Bothroyd and Chopra as main culprits within that.

I'd already say Moore's experiencing best season for one of our striker's since Ross McCormack on that basis and, because McCormack's side should have been a play-off unit whereas our overall team hasn't been this year, if he hits 20 goals then I'd say it's more like best since Chopra in 06-07.