Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
He doesnt really have strengths. Hes ok at a few things, tries thats it.
Definitely not worth the money that Warnock paid for him, but Glatzel has ability.

He scored 10 Championship goals for City and there were some good ones amongst them too.

Compare that to the records of other Cardiff strikers in recent years such as Gary Madine, Omar Bogle, Oumar Niasse, Fred Gounongbe and Rickie Lambert, who managed a grand total of 8 goals between them.

Mainz have improved significantly since Glatzel arrived there. They were 17th, 7 points adrift in the relegation zone and looking doomed when he signed, but they're 13th and 5 points above the drop zone now. It's been quite a turnaround. He's obviously not solely responsible for that, but I watch their highlights regularly (I've been keeping an eye on the Bundesliga relegation battle as I sort of follow Hertha Berlin) and he's been playing his part.

He never looked suited to the role he was expected to play here - his game is simply not physical enough. He's by no means a terrible player though, so a German club in Bundesliga 2 or a club in another European league might pay a few quid for him.