Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
Equal as in sequential spending, England is clearly going to have the lion share as it's bigger as that is basic numbers, I meant as (E.g) if England pays 100 Billion pounds on HS2, Wales should be given the 5 billion that it rightly deserves and not have the project labelled a England and Wales project when not 1 metre of it is in Wales and it's been projected to damage the Welsh economy by 100s of millions of pounds.

I'm not aware of there being a money tree in London that they generously give Wales a slice of every year, I was under the impression that there was millions of Welsh people paying taxes every day (in one form or another) that they should rightly be able to call on when people's livelihoods are at risk.

Australia seems able to get people to provide manpower half way across the world and hundreds of miles in the middle of the driest areas of the country (and the world) to work the mines, I'm sure the trek up to the valleys wasn't too difficult for people. In addition to this London doesn't happen to magically work up enough man power to run all the offices in London, people move for employment, it's not a new thing.

Wales is already a net exporter of renewable energy with extremely little investment or effort, with the move to electric cars alone this is going to have to come from somewhere. Also a strong economy isn't centred on 1 industry alone, it is only an example of 1 strong pillar.

Wales has a higher GDP than a lot of European countries e.g Portugal. A lot of companies announced financial results from their HQs regardless of where the money is generated, unsurprisingly these are all in London so that severely hides the financial potential.

This is clearly untrue and misleading, the fact they want free at point social care for everyone shows this so try not to be as narrow minded.
( Wales also has around 1 in 4 workers in the public sector compared to 1 in 5 for the UK. If we have the same amount of funding then around 75k public sector jobs)

Big risks at play with Independence ; why would Westminster want to leave these UK type pubic sector jobs in Wales , if Wales left the UK , (same in Scotland ) , any separation would come with a cost , such as levelling up of debt at the point of Independence , border controls , trade deals , cost to using or moving form the pound (as per Scotland model) , how we do meet European membership and convergence rules without cost and tax rises , they wont want a poor country on boarding , just look at Greece they were forced by Europe to raise taxes to manager their weak economy in the recession . Who will be Wales major trading partner ,England or Europe if alter that will be interesting ,will need much better airports and docks and infrastructure ?