Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
No racist tweets in 9 years and you want him to prove he isn't a racist.
He was a nieve teenager and has apologised already in public.
You seem to want him publicly flogged.
If he tweeted this last week then you would have a point but it was a third of his lifetime ago ffs
You make it sound like racism/sexism/homophobia is something that teenagers have for a while then get over like acne! I don't think there would be figures out there to prove this either way, but my view is that in the majority of cases, if you hold racist views at eighteen, the likelihood is that you will at fifty - in fact, you may well be a worse racist.

It's being reported by the BBC that an offensive historical tweet has been found that was posted by a second England squad member. Furthermore, a player who could well replace Robinson in the team on Thursday, Craig Overton, has form in this area as well - this is taken from his Wikipedia entry;-

"During a County Championship match against Sussex in September 2015, Overton racially abused Pakistani batsman Ashar Zaidi whilst bowling. He received a two match ban as a result of the incident."

While you could argue as to which offence is the more serious, I'd say what happened with Overton sets a precedent and if Robinson received the same two game ban that should be an end to the matter unless there is a repeat of such behaviour from him.

Although I've not heard about examples of it happening in anywhere else but England, it seems that racial booing is becoming an issue again in football in the UK with the situation not being helped by the inaction of Johnson who has deemed the ECB's punishment of Robinson to be "over the top" and refused to condemn these who booed the taking of the knee before England's game with Romania on Sunday. The fact that man has come down on that side of the argument is all of the confirmation you need that the cricket authorities were right to take the action they have against Robinson.