Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Surely it all boils down to how you define "not that long ago"? From personal experience, the older you get, the greater the time that term means - you mention 2007/08, well, at my age, you could go back another ten years to 97/98 and I would consider it not that long ago. In 1997/98, our average home league attendance was 3,610 - I'd say that qualifies as pitiful.
Thanks for getting involved on behalf of the other poster and trying to be clever on his behalf. To most people stating ‘not that long ago’ would certainly involve a period of less than 13 years ago and probably less than 10. I get rather fed up of people continually denigrating the level of our support, especially since we moved to the new stadium, as in my opinion it has been nothing short of excellent. Also, when deciding what is pitiful, surely it has to be taken into account what level the club is competing in - in 1997/1998 we were in the fourth tier (League 3) and struggling badly, so perhaps an average of 3610 was not that bad in the circumstances.