Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
Not that you can read much into today's games but...

Out of the youngsters I thought Zimba and Bakere were the pick of the bunch. Bagan, Denham, Connolly and McGuinness all did well enough without catching the eye.

Didn't really see much from Bowen, Davies or Harris, the latter worked hard but the team is set up for a target man and he certainly is not one. I must say it was confusing what formation Mick has playing at certain times as Harris seemed to be out wide quite a bit.

Giles and Wintle did very well. I imagine Giles will play in a more advanced position due to our lack of strength there. He has great pace, control and put in a number of excellent crosses. Wintle looks so much better than our other defensive midfield players. He can pick a pass and retains the ball. Played well with Ralls.

Tomlin was involved in all of our good moves going forward but not sharp at all. Had one lovely curling effort just above the bar.

On a negative front... Vaulks and Pack look sooooo slow and laboured. And I'm sorry but Brown also struggled with possession and passing.
Good read that. Don't apologise for an honest opinion 👍