Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
Bob Wilson wrote:

"People on the left tend to be far more critical of their own than people on the right are in my experience (in public anyway)........................................... ......"

Obviously we are not going to agree but the point I made is that those who vote differently to the majority on this forum simply don't bother to criticise Labour policy and Labour Party leadership. There is no point as their comments are confronted by posts which make them wonder why they bother. I'm at that stage and will attempt to refrain on commenting on such issues in the future. There have been several Labour issues that have not been commented on this forum such as for example:

1. Starmer siding with the Unions original view that children shouldn't return to school only to change his stance later on to blame the government for making slow progress.

2. Nobody seemed to comment adversely on the decision to appoint Starmer as Leader when reports suggested it was his BREXIT policy that was one of the main reasons for Labour doing so badly at the General Election.

3. No comment was forthcoming on the left of the Labour Party seeking to replace Starmer with Angela Rayner if Labour lost the Batley and Spen by election.

4. Nothing much about Starmer trying to sack Angela Rayner only to find she was reappointed 24 hours later with a wider portfolio to strengthen her position.

5. Not much about Dawn Butler presenting misleading photographs to support her claim the Police were racist.

In relation to your other comment about what the government have done well beyond the vaccine is a reasonable point but that was a pretty big success that the public at least seem to think was more important than the government's obvious failures if the Hartlepool by election result was anything to go by. Yes the Batley and Spen election was regained by Labour but their share of the vote was hardly an endorsement of Labour Party policy...........whatever that is.
That is a strange list - is it your top 5 of incidents/events where you think Labour/Starmer got it wrong without comment on here?

I'm certain there was discussion of point 1 in the Covid thread (not going to trawl through to pick posts out) and at the time many posters agreed with the stance taken by Starmer. His argument at the time was completely consistent with criticising the government for slow progress whether you agreed with him or not.

Points 2-4 have all been discussed in several threads on the Politics board. I agree with your observation in point 2 and said so at the time. So did others.

I have no idea what point 5 is about. Dawn Butler MP accused the police of racial profiling when she was stopped in August last year, and she was supported by spokespeople of the National Black Police Association and others who have campaigned against the racist practice. I don't know what the photos are that you say are misleading - but the police have never denied the stop or given a credible reason for it - the clear inference is that she and her friend in the car were stopped because of their skin colour.

However, if you want to start a pile in on Kier Starmer I'm happy to join in. I am still a member of the Labour Party (just) but I think Starmer and the Blairite gang who are surrounding him (MPs, staff and Mandelson) are a disaster.