+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin update.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bitcoin update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It will bounce back, as it always does. As an investor, you just need to hold steady and not panic sell.
    Steady on there. Not everything bounces back. Although I suspect you are probably right in the medium term, the wall of governmental pressure is going to have an impact at some point and Bitcoin is a relatively limited currency. These things do have a function and there are coins that function better than bitcoin. At some point the value will be placed in that utility and who knows? Bitcoin may find itself a long way down the pecking order. And let's be honest, a lot of these currencies won't actually survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Steady on there. Not everything bounces back. Although I suspect you are probably right in the medium term, the wall of governmental pressure is going to have an impact at some point and Bitcoin is a relatively limited currency. These things do have a function and there are coins that function better than bitcoin. At some point the value will be placed in that utility and who knows? Bitcoin may find itself a long way down the pecking order. And let's be honest, a lot of these currencies won't actually survive.
    What coins function better than bitcoin?

Is it worth buying just a few hundred quids worth?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Is it worth buying just a few hundred quids worth?
    If you can afford to lose it go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    If you can afford to lose it go for it.
    Is a few hundred worth it though? I know i could lose out with them but whats the best profit i could hope for on say £400 worth?

Is a few hundred worth it though? I know i could lose out with them but whats the best profit i could hope for on say £400 worth?
    Oh defiantly, i mean you won't be buying a super yacht but it really is worth understand a bit more about what it actually is, why its better than all the other coins, and what potential it can have as a decentralised "currency" rather than just looking to make some money.

You should be very happy if you've doubled your money in a year's time.

What coins function better than bitcoin?
    None

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    None
    I've yet to be involved in an NFT that is part of a Bitcoin blockchain. All of the auctions I've been involved with have been in ethereum. I'm no expert but I do work alongside experts, and when I ask why we always seem to base everything off etherium I'm told that it is much more versatile than Bitcoin which can only really be used as a secure method for transfering value. Other blockchains are, I am told, capable of doing/transferring a lot more than Bitcoin can. And the things that I am involved with (to a limited extent) in ethereum have very real utility which is why I can understand where its value comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I've yet to be involved in an NFT that is part of a Bitcoin blockchain. All of the auctions I've been involved with have been in ethereum. I'm no expert but I do work alongside experts, and when I ask why we always seem to base everything off etherium I'm told that it is much more versatile than Bitcoin which can only really be used as a secure method for transfering value. Other blockchains are, I am told, capable of doing/transferring a lot more than Bitcoin can. And the things that I am involved with (to a limited extent) in ethereum have very real utility which is why I can understand where its value comes from.
    No doubt, but is Ethereum even a coin, isn't it a supercomputer to run dApps? So the above makes sense, however which coin functions better than Bitcoin, i still say none.

In the space of the masses of cyrpto shit out there ETH and BTC will be around forever, the rest i very much doubt it.