Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
I'm surprised that you're surprised, we haven't dominated many games for a long time. Even our successes have been largely built on the counter and just being quite effective at what we do. I haven't seen a minute if pre season and its not really a reflection of what is to come, but I think the last 6 years or so is.

It won't be pretty, and if not winning it is generally quite ugly but we have a skill and I don't see us getting a more progressive style under the current owner, hard to argue with the promotions though.

Only hope I have is Tomlin stays fit and hungry in a good way. Maybe Giles and Moore link up well.

But we will be back in the stands, that's something I am looking forward to.
People always mention the promotions as a positive, which is fair enough of course, but it's not the full picture is it. Our record after we get promoted is uniquely appalling. In fact, it couldn't be worse, we go straight back down and aren't able to build a side capable of taking us straight back up - any fair analysis of the Tan years has to acknowledge both the promotions and the relegations.