Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
In footballing terms I've never bought into the idea that club owners/board members are racist and that is the reason that black managers do not get jobs.

Football squads are a complete mix of all sorts of players these days with all sorts of backgrounds. There are a large percentage of black players in the Premier League for example. Would the squads not be largely white at these clubs with so called racist owners?
Or do they suddenly start clamping down on black men getting managerial positions only?

Do I think clubs are turning down better qualified black men due to the colour of their skin alone? No. It doesn't make sense to employ black players and then show your racist side when a manager is considered.
I honestly think it is down to managerial ability. How many ex black pros go into management even?
How many ex pro black footballers get the chance to go into management ?

You would have thought that given the large number of black players , as you say , in modern football that a fair few would want to go into management ?

If we assume that a black footballer thinks , breathes and behaves in the same way as his white team mates .......which is of course true .......then a similar percentage of black players would have ideas of management as white players ?

So if that's the case somethings going on

The days of football club owners not employing black players we would hope is in the past but black ex players as managers ?

Its just not happening

Mark Hughes , Steve Bruce , Pulis , Warnock , Steve Coppell , David Moyes , managerial merry-go-round

There are even more black players in the game now

What's happening ?