Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
My youngest daughter is into roller coasters and wants to try the one in Blackpool. I've never stayed in Blackpool, but what's it like in the evening for families, just doing the basic things like strolling about and getting some food?

I've heard some horror stories about drunkenness and loutish behaviour (although i can deal with that in small doses) but would any of you lot take your missus and kid up for a weekend? we're not drinking orientated, just like a walk, browse and a bit of food. Thoughts appreciated.
Me and the missus stopped there for a night on the way back from Fort William in 2019 we ended up staying from the thurs night until the monday because we enjoyed it.
We went for walks and a bit of a look around in the days and a drink and food in the nights.
I didn't really see any loutish behaviour or any trouble that could spoil our visit.
I'd defo go back there i think most people who spread these horror stories are the types that sit on some remote lifeless west wales beach all day peeling boiled eggs and wearing sandals and white socks