Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
I’d rate the chances of a bottom half finish as no more than 15%, and the chances of a bottom three finish as 0%. I don’t see that as optimism, but rather realism.

City are obviously far from great and the football is sure to be grim at times, but it looks a really weak division this time around and McCarthy’s men should be comfortably strong enough to overcome most of the teams at this level despite their blatant limitations.
at this level, there's usually one or two teams that are better than everyone else and one or two teams that are bad and then everyone else is basically within a few percent of each other. usually the whole midtable is within a few points until the last 1/4 of the season
I don't know enough about the other side's to know all their personnel, and on paper we probably shouldn't be anywhere near being in trouble. however as all teams will be fairly close I think it'll be more important whether teams gel as a team or don't work well as a team. I think it's entirely feasible that our current setup won't work.
we've stripped out all the creators from last season and it's unclear where it's going to come from this time.
we will probably be fine, but it isn't impossible that we won't be.