Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
Read this in The Guardian this morning 'Malmö must celebrate pairings with Scottish opposition. A decade ago, they also defeated Rangers on Champions League qualifying business. They did likewise to Celtic in 2015. In between, they swaggered to a 7-0 win at Hibernian. The stuff of Swede dreams.'

I think Jimmy The Jock's right when he says 'To put Rangers back on top of Scottish football was huge, almost unbelievable.

I kind of like Gerrard and he's done an amazing job. I'd swap him with Mick any day.
Yes Rangers' achievement last season was incredible, so it isn't surprising that they have a bit of a hangover this season.
It's not good for the league though that there hasn't been any champions league money flowing into the league in a few years, with only 2 appearances in the group stages since 2015.
Even Celtic's finances are a bit precarious now apparently, and the Scotish league is falling further behind other european ones.
It used to be not much behind the premier league. These days it's broadly on a level with league one