Something's a bit off about this story and the old cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't 'encouraged' by Warnock (he's a wily old fox and will use anything to get CCFC fans to give Middleborough an easy ride when we play them down here). I'll no doubt sound like a bloody conspiracy theorist but WOL will also have their grubby fingers in the Warnock PR pie just to get the click-bait.

All this stuff I read about giving Warnock and Sol a great welcome at CCS doesn't sit well with me. As soon as a player or manager dons the opposition kit, then they're fair game for a rough ride. We can be nice after the game not before. I mean, it'll be embarrassing with Peltier on the pitch too. And what if they re-sign Mendez-Laing or sign Junior Hoilett? I know he didn't play under Warnock but what about Ameobi!

We've all got a soft spot for Sol but come on, this is a new season and I agree with Stan, I don't like the ex-player stories and 'Cardiff City are at the start of a new season and that's all we should be focusing on'. and as 2b2bdoo quite rightly says - 'To be fair as a footballer if your contract expires and your not getting a new one it's not rocket science.'

Sol's 37 next January. Maybe he'll be a great coach. I don't know. I wish him well.