+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 MILLWALL.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 MILLWALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what would you give a striker who did very little then scored 2 goals to win the game?
    flint and Morrison also did plenty of defending
    If Van Dijk is capable of being the optimal defender in that he can dominate a striker, pass the ball to control the game and score goals and in a game where he does all three he gets a 10/10. Flint was nowhere near that yesterday.

What score are we meant to give Flint if he puts in a Van Dijk like performance? He's getting 9's and 10's for doing one part of his role poorly, one part of his role averagely at best (defending: his first task) and one part of his role extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If Van Dijk is capable of being the optimal defender in that he can dominate a striker, pass the ball to control the game and score goals and in a game where he does all three he gets a 10/10. Flint was nowhere near that yesterday.

What score are we meant to give Flint if he puts in a Van Dijk like performance? He's getting 9's and 10's for doing one part of his role poorly, one part of his role averagely at best (defending: his first task) and one part of his role extremely well.
    There are players in league 1 and 2 that may get 10/10 scores that can't get near what Flint can do. VVD is a level above us and gets scored on wjatnis expected at that level, same for every level I'd say.

Flint is not defending averagely at best

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    There are players in league 1 and 2 that may get 10/10 scores that can't get near what Flint can do. VVD is a level above us and gets scored on wjatnis expected at that level, same for every level I'd say.
    You're getting distracted by the name. Flint isn't functioning as a 10/10 defender each week (even when adjusted for Championship football) but is getting 9's and 10's because he's scoring goals.

What score would we give him if he had an all-round excellent game yesterday or on Tuesday when Mick described defence as "absolutely awful" for period of time?

You're getting distracted by the name. Flint isn't functioning as a 10/10 defender each week (even when adjusted for Championship football) but is getting 9's and 10's because he's scoring goals.

What score would we give him if he had an all-round excellent game yesterday or on Tuesday when Mick described defence as "absolutely awful" for period of time?
    You didn't reply to my post.

I'm not sure what you've done really.

looking at his stats from the game, he made 8 clearances, 3 interceptions, blocked one shot which are good numbers

and he also won 18 aerial duels which is absolutely massive

he would have had a high score for his defending alone

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    looking at his stats from the game, he made 8 clearances, 3 interceptions, blocked one shot which are good numbers

and he also won 18 aerial duels which is absolutely massive

he would have had a high score for his defending alone
    Stats are pretty limited unless you're able to show a video of what was happening when each was ticked off, but I accept that perhaps our defence wasn't the issue and instead it was our midfield (if our defenders were so busy) or Millwall playing better than I credited them for.

However, if Flint's performance was 10/10 then I'm expecting other defenders to get 12/10 later on this season which makes the whole grading system meaningless.

Stats are pretty limited unless you're able to show a video of what was happening when each was ticked off, but I accept that perhaps our defence wasn't the issue and instead it was our midfield (if our defenders were so busy) or Millwall playing better than I credited them for.

However, if Flint's performance was 10/10 then I'm expecting other defenders to get 12/10 later on this season which makes the whole grading system meaningless.
    You are off your rocker my friend.

stats can only tell you so much for sure, and some things aren't well captured by them.
    18 aerial duels is ridiculous though