Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
So do you agree with Ninian Opinion that Sajid Javid was simply opening a ward at at existing hospital?

Or did you see my post where I pointed out that the new centre ( Northern Centre for Cancer Care North Cumbria) is actually NOT a part of the Cumberland Royal Infirmary but is down as a hospital on the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital Trust website??.

I will admit that I am trying to find out any standard for what is a hospital rather than a Medical Centre, but this centre is plainly more than just a ward at an existing hospital.
My point was more of a general one than specific to Javid's tweet, but, he was opening a new facility that's on the Cumberland Infirmary site, replacing a building that was previously part of the Infirmary before it was demolished. It can be labelled a hospital, but it's part of an existing hospital in reality.
It was also commissioned years before the 2019 election, so claiming that you're opening "one of new 48 hospitals" is disingenuous at best.
I'm sure it's a great facility, but I'm also sure it's not what most people had in mind from the 40 (now 48) new hospitals pledge.