Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
Not quite sure why you feel the need to get involved but anyway I have already provided the link, as above, where Warnock clearly states the financial situation relating to Madine’s loan move which includes incentives relating to the deal. The full figures were ‘undisclosed’ presumably because both clubs wanted to keep them quiet. My relatives in Yorkshire have indicated that the the incentive payment was around £500000 if United went up (which they did) and on top of that there were his wages, probably more than £20000 a week, which were paid in full. A loan fee was also paid but that figure has never been released. Warnock stated that the deal was financially lucrative for City. My issue with TLG is that he has always ridiculed that we got anything for Madine and will continue to do so. I have never stated that we got £6m loan fee for Madine but I do feel that his original transfer fee was good value, bearing in mind he helped us get up in 2018 and at the time we were in desperate need of a striker and £6m was the going rate in the January window.
As the man who spent all of that money on someone who turned out to be a dud st City, Warnock would try to make the terms Madine went to Sheffield United under sound as attractive as possible wouldn’t he.

Your last sentence rather says it all about the way you come at things. If some other Championship side had paid £6 million for a striker who never scored a goal in the twenty six appearances (and that’s only league matches) he made for them and missed a penalty in a top of the table game with the eventual Champions, you wouldn’t be saying “ah, but he got an assist at Sheffield United” about him, you’d be laying into the player and the team daft enough to pay all that money for him.

The only way Gary Madine’s signing represented “good value” is if you truly believe we wouldn’t have gone up if we hadn’t signed him - apart from that one, valuable, assist at Bramell Lane, Madine contributed nothing towards our promotion.