Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Not all Catholic people look to the pope, not all of them agree with everything that is said by him or written in the Bible, or said by the priest etc. It doesn't really work like that. There will always be hard liners, but I'd say that the vast majority aren't that interested in what the pope has to say, especially those in more developed cultures.
In my opinion, your view is very narrow and you're pandering to the reactionary by lumping everyone who has faith into the same category. Big mistake in my opinion. Would you say that all poor people are just lazy, people who suffer with mental health are weak etc? Of course you wouldn't, as that would be generalising, which almost certainly panders to the most extreme amongst us, and as a result, ends In people being persecuted because of a certain belief etc
Yes it does , that's how these bodies survive . Money and people indoctrination others .

The vast majority of roman catholics look towards the Vatican and the pope for guidance as he is their spiritual leader on earth

They don't practice what they preach but the catholic church is against homosexuality , sex before marriage and abortion .

I am afraid either you are hiding a secret religious leaning or you are not facing reality

The comparison with mental ill health is of course nonsense

People are not taught to be mentally ill , or go every Sunday to a place that helps them to be mentally ill

Mental illness happens

To compare saying something like pull yourself together to a mentally ill person to the fact that roman catholics are brainwashed is ludicrous

Why would I say that mentally ill people are weak or the poor are lazy in the same way that religious people are brainwashed ?

Mentally ill people are ill , poor people are poor

Anybody who goes to church on a Sunday and has a priest read to them the latest directive from his holiness the pope is brainwashed .

We sing cardiff city are the greatest team in football the world has ever seen ......but we don't believe it , its clearly nonsense

I think defending the right for someone to believe in God is up to the individual , if you want to do that then carry on but I am saying religious people are indoctrinated , especially roman catholics and if someone is defending the right of someone to believe in a bloke sitting on a cloud then its 2021 and there are people still waiting for evidence he exists , never mind having people like you tell me I can't generalise about people who are clearly devoted to something that clearly doesn't seem to be there .