Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
Because you included your answers to my post in the main body of my original post and didn't use quotation wrap tags it looks as if the text was part of my original post, so, for clarification to other readers and that I do not want your answers to be confused with my position, therefore, for clarity and record I have included them in the following repost (apologies to readers as my post was very long but I'm sure you understand my desire for clarity). I've no intention of continuing further discussion or dialogue but for my own peace of mind needed to write something that actually deals with the OP and the BBC report. I'm sure the vast majority will see there is no intent to cover up serious child sexual abuse in religious or any other groups.

This is the last I will post on the subject.

My original post & Sludge's answers:

Some definitions:

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Sludge's answer

Hate Crime: a hate crime is defined as 'Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person's race or perceived race; religion or perceived religion; sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation; disability or perceived disability and any crime motivated by hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender.’

Sludge's Answer

Hypocrite: just one and the most apt regarding incessant and unnecessary attacks of other people’s beliefs and faiths is to preach tolerance but judge others who don't conform to their way of thinking e.g. criminalising rather than educating people who sing offensive songs at a football match by reporting them to the police. Or, supporting those with mental health issues whilst actively damaging the mental health of individuals whose belief systems are necessary for their wellbeing.

Sludge's Answer

Some inconvenient truths:

About 90% of children who are victims of sexual abuse know their abuser.

Only 10% of sexually abused children are abused by a stranger.

Approximately 30% of children who are sexually abused are abused by family members.

The younger the victim, the more likely it is that the abuser is a family member.

Of those molesting a child under six, 50% are family members.

Family members also accounted for 23% of those abusing children ages 12 to 17.

About 60% of children who are sexually abused are abused by people the family trusts.

Sludge's Answer

It was a conservative government that pushed for and introduced same-sex marriage. The Conservative Party: senior Conservatives, including David Cameron, William Hague, George Osborne, and Theresa May supported the bill. Polling showed that the majority of Conservative voters supported the bill.

Sludge's Answer

Read articles in hyperlinks in full before commenting as thread titles can be misleading.

A common misconception of the definition of an anarchist (me) is someone who is intolerant and believes in lawlessness. There are many types of anarchists as, indeed, there are many types of faith systems.

Sludge's Answer

Attempting to eradicate religion without accepting the potential and likelihood of corruption and abuse in secular, atheist, or agnostic communities and institutions is futile.

Sludge's Answer

It is better to find something to love rather than hate.
Yet again we have a religious follower saying there is no attempt to cover up abuse by religious groups

That's unbelievable