Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
Why must it be wrong? When I had sky and bt they never reached the full house. I've had virgin about 2 years now.

Why would I need a booster in a small property? Their (bt sky) broadband is excellent, high speed etc.

Got virgin and problem solved, box in the same place reaches all rooms, the garden and out front can use it sitting in the car (as my sister often does in between jobs if she's low on data)
Now have the faster virgin Internet and it's stupidly good. BT are expensive for what they offer.
By your own admission you failed to get a satisfactory signal from Sky in a small property whereas I get a great signal from a large property. Perhaps you failed to get a decent signal some while ago and all I was suggesting is things may have been improved in recent times. Probably I should have said "strange" rather than "wrong" as I wasn't intending to doubt your word even though my post indicates that.

I doubt whether you would need a booster in a small property. I said I needed to boost my signal but that's hardly surprising given the distance between my modem and TV in one of the bedrooms.

I can't comment on Virgin as I don't own it. I had a bad experience with Virgin once when I tried to cancel my mother's Virgin account when her property was sold but that's another story.