Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
The trouble with this post is that you've stuck your oar in it.

It is a Disney film: the Tories are the eternal baddies, their beliefs correspond to the lowest common denominator of self interest and avarice. In Manichaeism they would be personified as Ahriman, the Prince of Darkness. That's my view of course and I wouldn't expect you to agree with it.

However, what is certain is that the Tories have invented the myth of "benefit scroungers" to demonise the weakest in society which is their wont. It deflects rather nicely the concentration on massively wealthy spongers called tax evaders.

Of course every budget needs careful management but the reason Labour are seemingly as concerned about it as the Tories are is simply because they know it to be a vote winner with the average constituency. In the greater scheme of things it's a trivial red herring which will never be properly corrected.
Miaow. Enjoy your Disney films. The real world is very very different. I used to be a member of the Respect Party - a far-left organisation until I realised it's basically all indoctrination and reality is excluded from the debate if it challenges the orthodoxy.

I suggest you get out of that sectarian rabbit hole. The two main parties have far more in common than you think and that's because reality tends to trump ideology when you get in power.

Like I said, neither party supports benefit fraud and both will clamp down on it. The rhetoric may change from time to time or between different parties, but not to the wild extent that you characterise it.