Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
Maybe money isn't everything, and we ought to start with a good plan, get a good structure at the club, and start building where it doesn't need money pumped in to make changes.
Money is a very good starting point though and my point is that the owner has pumped enough in for any vaguely competent CEO and Chairman to have made a better job of running the club than ours have.

I’d like to believe that Tan, Dalman and Choo would finally see the light and accept that they don’t have the football knowledge collectively to tyrn us into, for example, a Burnley, Brighton, Palace, Brentford or even a Coventry, but City fans have been talking about the need for something like a Director of Football for five years and more and we’re still as far away as ever from appointing one.

I’m guessing and I may be wrong, but I think the Mackay/Moody incident deeply effected Vincent Tan and has left him with a deep distrust of “football people” - it’s as if he has an advisor he trusts who makes recommendations on things like managerial appointments based on the sort of person they think Tan could work with.

Four of our last five managers have been, basically, defensive, long ball merchants, hence we’ve ended with the current very limited technically squad of senior pros which are so much worse at retaining the ball than almost every team they play. This has been a gradual process which Tan, Dalman and Choo have done nothing to try to halt, so I can only conclude that it is a route they have been happy to go down - for me, given his public pronouncements on the game, it seems reasonable to believe that Vincent Tan likes us to be bigger and more physical than our opponents and has little patience with what he sees as messing about with the ball at the back, it’s entirely believable that he’d want us to lump it forward as soon as possible.