Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
The support for Bellamy is based on him talking well about football (and he does) and the fact that he was born here and played for us. It's mostly anecdotal, but I wouldn't fancy him at the club in any capacity. He doesn't come across as patient, calm or understanding. People may think that he's the future but I disagree. His attitude comes across as old school, back when managers would shun players who were not what they wanted them to be.

Without any real evidence to say so, I'd say that he could be a bit of a bully.

I know that he had difficult times as a young player, but that it doesn't always mean that just because he came out the other side, it makes him a stronger person, sometimes, trauma can have an adverse effect on a person's character.

I hope he gets well soon
In my opinion there is no doubt that there is an element of parochialism in people wanting Bellamy. Personally I’m aware of the perceived/alleged baggage, but even with that I’d be more than happy with us giving him the opportunity (christ Joey Barton has landed 2 jobs 😱 )

The thing I crave most is a change in style… and at this stage I honestly don’t care if we go down to achieve it. I think Bellamy is a cast iron guarantee to do that (probably some of the other names too).

Many of us were correct wkth our early assessment of McCarthy… god knows there was enough evidence, so anything similar would be an unmitigated disaster… No one really knows how Bellamy would work out (and call me parochial 🙂)but I’d rather have his football brain on it than some tried and tested no hoper.