Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I’d agree with you there, but I thought the period of, say, 1970/75 was boring musically - I was never really into prog rock and felt too old for the glam rock thing, I probably should have been going up to Wigan every weekend, but no one I knew was into Northern Soul. Punk/New Wave was a Godsend to me, but I tended to be about five years older than the average age at the gigs I went to in the late seventies.
Well some of us were into prog rock but it has to be said regarding your musical taste that Yours Is No Disgrace. Not being Lazy, you obviously discovered your own Fanfare For the Common Man via a different route so it's not a case of Us and Them or you just Counting Out Time. Being a Twentieth Century Schizoid Man it couldn't have been easy for you though.

For my part, having had a strict father who wouldn't let us change the dial on the radio, I went from having to listen to the soporific sounds of the Mike Sammes singers and Max Jaffa (on Radio 2) straight to Deep Purple, Man and Pink Floyd - and without passing through pop.