Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
The glass ceiling of science???? How is that description consistent with the fact that science books are indeed re-written and modified once we learn more about subject matter with our improving understanding of science (i.e. increased knowledge)? A ceiling that rises perhaps . All the greatest scientific minds work on that basis. Richard Feynman used the anaology of only being able to see part of a chess board and observing only certain pieces - and as the game goes on we see not only pieces that we hadn't seen previously but we also see that some pieces move in ways that were previously not evident. Knowledge is never perfect but science has enabled people to have heart transplants, to send spacecraft into the far reaches of the universe and for us to be protected against viruses and disease. There is no shame in intelligent people knowing that they don't know everything.

However, I will ask you yet again: do you believe that the talking snake existed or is it symbolic/a parable of sorts/allegorical?
Why are you so reticent to answer that very specific question?
I did answer the question re creatures and voices, and I mentioned (obviously not clearly enough - apologies) that spiritual possession could make any object (like a radio or tv) or any creature speak and do many other things?
Have you never heard of people messing with ouija boards and having objects flying across the room, hearing voices or sudden chills etc etc.....because I have on many occasions.

As for science, sure the ceiling rises, the problem is mankinds arrogance, thinking that he is almost at the point of total knowledge. Remember that in 1969 when man used limited knowledge and technology to get to the moon, it is now said that the computing power available to them was only at the level of a pocket calculator!
And that was only 52 years ago. So consider what we would be using at the high end of NASA and innovation in another 50 years?? Man is way off the levels of knowledge and ability of Almighty God, even if he does own an i-Phone 13 and Sky Glass.