Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
Why do people always say this when per capita those countries are no where near the worst offenders?

As well as the fact that China at least has plenty of green policies.

Per capita China is about as bad an offender as New Zealand and only slightly worse than the U.K.

https://www.worldometers.info/co2-em...ns-per-capita/

North America, Australia and the gulf states are where the biggest changes are needed. And a lot of that is driven by worldwide consumption.

I don’t know where this narrative of other countries bad so we should do nothing comes from but it isn’t a helpful or correct one.
Its a very fair point to highlight the per capita data, as this is nearly always a much fairer way of analysing and comparing countries performance in different areas.

I suppose a couple of differences here are that by definition CO2 emmisions are about total figures, as there is a finite acceptable level etc so the level of pollution matters , not who does it. Secondly (and maybe this is reflected in the data posted) countries like Russia, US, Brazil, Canada etc will also point to the amount of forests they have which offset some of this.

I find the obsession with, and lack of accountability of Greta Thunberg a bit weird tbh. She is put forward as a child (Young adult now) who cannot be questioned or scrutinized and the hero worship is a bit strange. There's something borderline religious about it