Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
In over 10 years at the CCS I’ve not seen someone stand on a seat and fall backwards into other fans. At Cardiff or Wales games.
I have seen people falling forward over the shin high seats in front of them and in turn pushing the next few fans in front of them forwards and over the next set of seats.

Maybe the risk of serious injury is higher with someone falling backwards on to a rail but the risk of it actually happening is much lower than a group of fans falling forwards into other fans and on to seats and concrete.
Rail seating (see link below)was the initial idea behind safe standing where seats sit flush with the rails. Old seating taken out and fully replaced. As far as I can tell, our safe standing involves retro fitting rails into the existing seating. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. Suffice to say, the lads in front of me when KM's first goal went in, ended up going backwards over the existing seating and needed a hand up (no rails in that part of the Canton). Question is, under those circumstances, would safe standing railed seating be better (H and S wise) than retro fitting rails?

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Safe_standing