Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
I said I didn't doubt he had been subjected to racism/derogatory comments, I was making the point that a number of people have been accused of stuff without any chance to defend themselves. Joe Root denied knowing of anything happening but Rafiq was smart enough to paint him out to be a liar. Rafiq called Lloyd 'a closet racist' - that's his opinion, it doesn't mean Lloyd is a closet racist, but it will stick, no doubt. Another asian Yorkshire player [can't recall his name], has stated he wasn't aware of any racism at the club, but Rafiq hasn't called him out..
You are right ,I think the accused should have thier day in front of the same committee to enable a full picture of how the remarks were made ie in drunken moments,
joint banter from each side and describe the environment the remarks were made , it doesn't make the remarks right in fact they are poor , its just needs a full known context of the complete situation it took place in as a learning moment for others who may fall into tge same poor banter .