+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Brexit Bonus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another Brexit Bonus

You do get the feeling that people are preying Brexit doesnt develop into a positive ,driven by political views and dislike of certain politicians or parties, you would hope that people could celebrate success if that's the outcome.

Let's be fair though not one of us know if it be a success or failure , as this is a long journey , the one thing we can agree on its not been the devastation as some predicted , in fact some have seen welcome wage increases at the lower end of the pay scales and jobs like HGV drivers an there's jobs to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You do get the feeling that people are preying Brexit doesnt develop into a positive ,driven by political views and dislike of certain politicians or parties, you would hope that people could celebrate success if that's the outcome.

Let's be fair though not one of us know if it be a success or failure , as this is a long journey , the one thing we can agree on its not been the devastation as some predicted , in fact some have seen welcome wage increases at the lower end of the pay scales and jobs like HGV drivers an there's jobs to be had.
    This broadly is my views on it. I really think some don't want to see success. Generally those with more financial safety net I would suggest.

It's well past the time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

What planet are you on? People are against brexit because it's devastating to the economy (source - https://fullfact.org/europe/online-c...contributions/), this isn't an opinion, it's a stone cold fact.

So stop saying NoBoDy KnOwS HoW iT wIlL TuRn OuT because I can't think of one realistic scenario where it brings in benefits, don't forget next year we will see more consequences.

Honestly I look around at the people who voted for brexit and it's usually people who are either old (and generally clueless about how their generation have destroyed the economy for young people) or were in the retard class at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    What planet are you on? People are against brexit because it's devastating to the economy (source - https://fullfact.org/europe/online-c...contributions/), this isn't an opinion, it's a stone cold fact.

So stop saying NoBoDy KnOwS HoW iT wIlL TuRn OuT because I can't think of one realistic scenario where it brings in benefits, don't forget next year we will see more consequences.

Honestly I look around at the people who voted for brexit and it's usually people who are either old (and generally clueless about how their generation have destroyed the economy for young people) or were in the retard class at school.
    Did you even read the article you posted as 'evidence'. Quote from the second paragraph

"While it’s difficult to put a single, definitive figure on the economic impact of Brexit, these claims don’t currently add up."

UK is currently outperforming our peers on most measures on official latest economic data. Do I need to repost this stuff again?!

It is too soon to form a clear opinion, especially with Covid, but to say Brexit is devastating the economy is frankly, plain wrong. Even if it is damaging (and the data doesnt suggest that but I'll accept it could be true in some cases) then you need a far more anodyne verb than 'devastating'.

I'm sure from other posts you are a rabidly anti-Thatcher too, so god knows why you now are so supportive of membership of a free-trading arrangement that is essentially Thatcherism on steroids.

Get a grip and realise it's nearly 2022 now, not 2016 or you'll just be even further left behind.