Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
Nah, ya plonker, I'm saying they aren't comparable. And then you implied they were (by saying...well, I've seen people praise Trump, but not the Uighur concentration camps!)

That's the point, the differences are absolutely stark yet people barely focus on the unarguably far more evil behaviour. I don't know why. Not trendy I guess. Maybe because we feel we cant make a difference?

I think people really should redirect some of their rage away from "middle class lefty" causes and towards some of the truly authoritarian and regressive stuff going on in the world, much of it is in China and needs a light being shone on it far more. When we focus on luxury issues, we give repressive regimes a free pass.

So in that sense, if the US helps achieve that, even whilst I dont like sport and politics mixing too much, then it's a good thing.
Please copy and paste the sentence where I compared Trump and the CCP.

I agree that more should be made of what China is doing with the Uyghurs, but the US boycott is nothing to do with it. And the bit about lefties disliking trump is definitely nothing to do with it.