+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Christmas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Since when did people know what they really needed.
    Enjoy celebrating the official birthday of the One you try to constantly ignore
    But if you believe that date you would be wrong he was not born on dec 25th

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    But if you believe that date you would be wrong he was not born on dec 25th
    Re-read what I said, and look out for the word OFFICIAL.

Was the Queen of England born on her official birthday?

Re-read what I said, and look out for the word OFFICIAL.

Was the Queen of England born on her official birthday?
    Pedantic or what

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Pedantic or what
    Not at all, just correcting a misconception.

A September birth is the most probable, however the official celebration is 25th Dec.

It may be unpopular in these mainly secular times, but 2021AD looks back that many years to the birth of Christ.

I'm sure you know this but AD stands for the Latin phrase anno domini, which means in the year of our Lord. And every newspaper, webpage etc etc since the day we were born has this silent reminder on each page.

Not at all, just correcting a misconception.

A September birth is the most probable, however the official celebration is 25th Dec.

It may be unpopular in these mainly secular times, but 2021AD looks back that many years to the birth of Christ.

I'm sure you know this but AD stands for the Latin phrase anno domini, which means in the year of our Lord. And every newspaper, webpage etc etc since the day we were born has this silent reminder on each page.
    Wrong! Most religious scholars place the birth of Jesus at "somewhere between 6BC and 4BC" based on the HISTORICAL event that was the census that Joe and Mary supposedly travelled for.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Wrong! Most religious scholars place the birth of Jesus at "somewhere between 6BC and 4BC" based on the HISTORICAL event that was the census that Joe and Mary supposedly travelled for.
    Just like the OFFICIAL birthday issue you completely miss the point!

Deliberately of course, just to deflect from the continued silence re scientific proof of the 'Big Bang'

Just like the OFFICIAL birthday issue you completely miss the point!

Deliberately of course, just to deflect from the continued silence re scientific proof of the 'Big Bang'
    No, I was replying to your assertation that 2021AD means that Jesus was born 2021 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    They walked really slowly