Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
The article also fails to point out that the UK is in front of Spain, France, Portugal, Sweden and miles in front of Germany and the Netherlands in a total Covid deaths per million comparison;-

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

I’d say that gives a far better perspective than your deaths figure for one week. Does the fact that the writer of the article makes no mention of our relatively poor showing compared to most of the bigger Western European countries make him a UK Government stooge I wonder? Using the logic you employ to discredit the piece, I rather think it does, but as you’re only intent on defending the UK Government (as you always do despite your self proclaimed political balance), I don’t suppose that bothers you too much.

Also, isn’t the Daily Mail defined as an unreliable source by Wikipedia? By the way, I read the Daily Mail in much the same way as you read the Guardian. I often look at it to see what the “other side” is saying and then nine times out of ten dismiss it - the difference between us is that I readily acknowledge what I am (a “lefty” and happy to be one), whereas you harbour this delusion that you come at things n a balanced way when anyone reading your contributions to this thread (and plenty of others) can see that you don’t.
I'd completely agree. For someone who comes on here and argues that fact is so much more important than opinion, posting a week's COVID data (in the same way as he selectively posts trade data) implies that he thinks the rest of us are a bit stupid.

Wind-up merchant, surely?