+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best two female singing voices....?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Best two female singing voices....?

Sandy Denny

Marlena Shaw

I love this performance by Sister Rosetta Sharp. Born in a town called 'Cotton Plant' in Arkansas, she is playing, a tad incongruously perhaps, at a disused railway station in Manchester. I hope it will cheer up the miserable buggers on here for a few minutes at least

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I love this performance by Sister Rosetta Sharp. Born in a town called 'Cotton Plant' in Arkansas, she is playing, a tad incongruously perhaps, at a disused railway station in Manchester. I hope it will cheer up the miserable buggers on here for a few minutes at least

loved that

I saw Sister Rosetta Sharp on a blues package tour circa 1963/63. It included Otis Spann, Brownie McGee and Sonny Terry and (what was his name....? Oh. yes...) MUDDY WATERS! Had never seen a woman play an electric guitar before that day. Shattered a few delusions, I can tell you.

Reckon that trumps your occasional viewings of Trower at the Bridgewater Bridge and Social Club, ole fruit...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I saw Sister Rosetta Sharp on a blues package tour circa 1963/63. It included Otis Spann, Brownie McGee and Sonny Terry and (what was his name....? Oh. yes...) MUDDY WATERS! Had never seen a woman play an electric guitar before that day. Shattered a few delusions, I can tell you.

Reckon that trumps your occasional viewings of Trower at the Bridgewater Bridge and Social Club, ole fruit...
    I have never seen Monsieur Trower in Bridgwater (not Bridgewater), you name-dropper

I saw Johnny Winter in Exeter and Frome though...

I first saw that video on one of the BBCs very good music documentaries and had to wind it back three off four times because I couldn’t believe what I was watching - I’m sure that’s one of my mum’s old coats.