Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
Yet he’s only 24. When he was 20 he was having an outstanding season for Derby. He’s head and shoulders above the young city players being talked about in other threads. If even one of those comes close to being as good as him I’ll be both flabbergasted and delighted
25 in a couple of months. He’s a player of considerable ability, there’s absolutely no doubt about that, but Klopp obviously didn’t fancy him (most of Liverpool’s youngsters get game time in league matches if they’re deemed good enough - even Marko Grujic made 8 sub appearances in the Premier League).

Wilson’s not a guaranteed starter for Wales, either. The fact that he’s spent most of his career to date in the Championship must mean something.

He put in some fine performances for City last season, most notably against the division’s weaker sides, but he was anonymous in some and a bit petulant in others.

I don’t quite know what it is about Wilson that has resulted in a situation whereby a player with his natural ability is still in the Championship. Inconsistency maybe? Time is still very much on his side but he’s got a lot left to prove in my opinion.