Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
I agree, though I would add that people do need hospitality. For mental and even physical health and to create an economy that funds hospitals and to create a society worth living in.

Yes, a temporary shut down of hospitality may have been justified at the height of the pandemic, but now, as England has shown, doing so is just an example of flexing political muscles and being overly risk averse.

I feel incredibly sorry for anyone in hospitality, as I do for those coerced into working from home with talks of fines imposed.

He's not had a bad pandemic but Drakeford has overstepped the mark of late.
Make your mind up. In post 20 you're saying no one needs hospitality and now you're saying that what he is doing to it is wrong. You ca't have it both ways.
does anyone really believe he would have left hospitality open if he could have closed it without having to pay them compensation? Not a chance!!
He wouldn't do it because he knew Westminster was saying leave hospitality alone so they wouldn't fund it and he won't give pubs his own budget money. Pubs and restaurants are losing money rapidly, either having to have more staff for fewer customers because of table service or because the have to close as they cannot afford to operate--- but that is their choice not Drakeford's so he is not responsible.
If he could he would have shut everything down again not just people going to work, it was having to give them money that stopped him. He doesn't care if they go broke, he doesn't them anyway.
I hope with all the money he is saving with this and all the roads he is not going to build that possibly he can help NHS Wales to at least catch up with England if not better it. But I won't be holding my breath.