Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Sounds exactly same type of player as Sam Bowen from what I’m reading from Man City fans on twitter.

Its being suggested on Twitter Bowen possibly going out on loan.

Loaning out Bowen to give him first team experience and bringing in a player on loan who is younger and just as inexperienced is a bit of a kick in the guts for him I’d say.
yeah like I said I thought it was a strange one. I can only assume that they think Doyle is better than we currently have already. if Bowen gets some consistent game time at a good level then I wouldn't have an issue with a loan for him. we are likely to need him next season with ralls, vaulks and pack possibly all out of the picture, so he needs to be wherever he can get the most minutes.

another possible consideration is that we are cultivating some good relationships in terms of loaning players.
now we don't have any premier League money, loans are going to be an important part of any future transfer windows. it is probably as important as developing the youth and signing lower league players with potential to improve.
if we do well for Doyle, it might stand is in good stead for future loans from man city which isn't a bad thing.