Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
Know this is off topic but this board is normally pretty knowledgeable for this type of thing!

Had a PCN (council one) recently for parking in Barry. I checked before parking and didn't see any signage at all. I appealed the ticket and they've refused and have sent me photos of signs which say you're entering a residential parking zone which are quite a way from where I actually parked but I guess I must have passed on the way into the area.
Is this normal? Seems a bit unreasonable to me as I'm used to having a look around in the street itself before leaving the car but if it's normal i'll pay up!
Unfortunately, controlled parking zones (areas where they just have signs on entrance and exit of the street) are more commonplace than you'd think, and don't require any additional signage/lines. There's quite a few of them within 10 mins of CCS, the side streets off Broad St being the most obvious examples.

If they've rejected your appeal, you're best to pay up before the fine increases, coz they certainly won't reduce it once it goes up!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and hope this helps.