The impression I’ve got watching City under Morison is that the players have been trying, but they’ve just not been good enough as a group - I don’t see much evidence of him having “lost the dressing room”. However, his comments about Isaak Davies, about our “final third” players and the team’s attitude on Saturday must all have an adverse effect on at least some of the team surely.

Good managers acknowledge that people are different and realise that they need to press different buttons with different players to get the best out of them - a bit of managerial honesty, as opposed to the bland platitudes we get from most of them these days, is to be welcomed, but, in recent weeks, I reckon Morison has gone to that well too often and he needs someone to tell him that his PR needs working on urgently.

For myself, if a manager in any profession had talked about me in the way Morison did about Isaak Davies, I would have lost any respect I may have had for him and the same would apply if it had been said about a work mate who I didn’t think deserved such treatment (I certainly don’t think Isaak did).