+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murder in Bute Park guilty verdict

Re: Murder in Bute Park guilty verdict

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    After hearing/reading daily reports as they case progressed I don't understand why it took the jury four hours to reach their verdict.
    I agree with you, it should have taken them 20 minutes tops to arrive at those verdicts.

They ran a half-baked cut-throat defence through their barristers' closing speeches with each claiming the other two meted out a violent beating while they reluctantly played a gentler, more passive role as they were fearful the other two would turn on them if they hadn't. It may have had some traction with the girl's defence but for the audio evidence which revealed she was the most enthusiastic of the three and of a witness who described her as evil and sadistic.

Sorry to hear about your personal connection CN.

Seems the girl was from my village. But I have no idea or knowledge of her or her family.

I’ve never agreed with capital punishment, but as i grow older, and continually witness the wicked and depraved things that humans can do to each other, i am wavering.
    A 3 person15 minute sustained attack, on a helpless innocent man is about as bad as it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I wish I hadn't read that either. I wish for so many reasons but mainly right now because I knew him, as I was his patient who he treated as a professional and with care and understanding that exceeded any I had previously received for mental health issues.

Several years ago he had the unenviable task of sitting me down and telling me about the brain lesions that had shown up in the MRI. He was amazing. He fast-tracked me to see a Neurologist, he made a myriad phone calls to healthcare professionals and basically spent the next hours helping me through a very difficult time.

I feel sick. My wife has been in tears and sobbing after reading this (of course, she knew him too as she'd been with me throughout and spoke to him several times on the phone).

I'd spent years being pushed from pillar to post by psychiatrists until Gary took me seriously. He listened. For the first time in five terrible years of psychoses, someone cared and helped me.

I didn't know this is how he died. I hadn't read anything as I avoid so much of the media as it's not healthy for me.

A few hours ago I was joking about towels with TLG and feeling great. You can imagine how I feel now.

I was meant to see him last July. It didn't happen.

This post may sound like it's about me but it isn't. This is about Gary. I mentioned victims of ASB in a post recently and humanising those victims.

I don't understand the minds of the people who did this to him. It's horrific. It's ironic that Gary would have been able to and could have helped them. It's also so sad that he really needed someone to talk to.

Gary became as close to a friend as any professional could be. RIP.
    Sorry to hear this mate. Hope you’re ok this morning. Sounds like he was one of life’s good guys. RIP..

Just read through the news reporting about this and the thread. Citizen, so sorry. Your testimony of his kindness is very moving. It's a tragedy.

I hope none of them see the light of day and have a very hard time in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Sorry to hear about your personal connection CN.

Seems the girl was from my village. But I have no idea or knowledge of her or her family.
    Noted she was from the leafy suburbs….something isn’t right there though, what the F is she doing going out into town on her own maybe at 16 and knocking about with those two losers drinking on a bench? Just weird

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I wonder how completely f*cked up a person has to be to do such a thing and laugh in the dock after being found guilty looking at at life behind bars…is their life just so sh*t that a life doing nothing in jail but getting food and lodge is better?
    Food, lodge, phone, iPad, internet, without having to lift a finger. To some a nighmare scenario of loss of freedom, to others, no big deal.

Noted she was from the leafy suburbs….something isn’t right there though, what the F is she doing going out into town on her own maybe at 16 and knocking about with those two losers drinking on a bench? Just weird
    Yeah that struck me as very odd. How does a 16 year old from a nice part of Cardiff end up doing that?

Often people who do extreme things, especially extremely bad things have had extreme lives themselves. That would at least help to explain it, but obviously not excuse it - if shes had a perfectly happy and normal upbringing then that would be very disturbing for me, with kids who will be approaching that age in a few years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yeah that struck me as very odd. How does a 16 year old from a nice part of Cardiff end up doing that?

Often people who do extreme things, especially extremely bad things have had extreme lives themselves. That would at least help to explain it, but obviously not excuse it - if shes had a perfectly happy and normal upbringing then that would be very disturbing for me, with kids who will be approaching that age in a few years time.
    She’d only just met the two other scumbags too that night, an hour earlier…then goes and helps kill a bloke and being very keen to do it by the sounds of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I wish I hadn't read that either. I wish for so many reasons but mainly right now because I knew him, as I was his patient who he treated as a professional and with care and understanding that exceeded any I had previously received for mental health issues.

Several years ago he had the unenviable task of sitting me down and telling me about the brain lesions that had shown up in the MRI. He was amazing. He fast-tracked me to see a Neurologist, he made a myriad phone calls to healthcare professionals and basically spent the next hours helping me through a very difficult time.

I feel sick. My wife has been in tears and sobbing after reading this (of course, she knew him too as she'd been with me throughout and spoke to him several times on the phone).

I'd spent years being pushed from pillar to post by psychiatrists until Gary took me seriously. He listened. For the first time in five terrible years of psychoses, someone cared and helped me.

I didn't know this is how he died. I hadn't read anything as I avoid so much of the media as it's not healthy for me.

A few hours ago I was joking about towels with TLG and feeling great. You can imagine how I feel now.

I was meant to see him last July. It didn't happen.

This post may sound like it's about me but it isn't. This is about Gary. I mentioned victims of ASB in a post recently and humanising those victims.

I don't understand the minds of the people who did this to him. It's horrific. It's ironic that Gary would have been able to and could have helped them. It's also so sad that he really needed someone to talk to.

Gary became as close to a friend as any professional could be. RIP.
    Thanks for sharing this with us mate. Very open of you. This has been a very upsetting case for me to watch on TV and read about. And i really feel for you going through this. R.I.P Gary. What a tragic loss of life at the hands of some seriously horrific individuals.
    Spedger

A sad case all around really. Got to wonder how the **** a 16 year old girl has got mixed up in something like this.

I dare say crack cocaine has played some kind of part here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Same here with two daughters 13 and 17 to see the pictures of her, just looks like a normal teenager. Not what I was expecting tbh.