+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Colwill

Re: Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    wtf is this, I was gearing up to bump your MORISON OUT thread. Weekend's ruined, cheers
    I could change my mind by 5pm tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yes, absolutely. And if we find ourselves changing our minds then isn't that exactly what being a football supporter is all about?
    Football supporters rights I believe it’s called

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Just took your advice...

"...The definition of a misjudgement, or commonly spelled misjudgment, is an*incorrect belief or assumption about a situation. An example of a misjudgement is when you first believe that someone is dishonest but you later find out that you were completely wrong. Alternative form of misjudgment..."

I guess that makes you common

For what it's worth, I too believe that the City turnaround of, not just results but style of play and individual performances since the Severnside derby, is remarkable.

Maybe your response to the use of the word remarkable is that you have formed a negative view on our manager, made your view known and have looked for reasons that support your argument?

Your view of Steve Morrison is not too dissimilar to your views of every manager we have had since "the great" Dave Jones so I'm not really surprised.

Again, each to their own
    That extra ‘r’ has provided another bullet for the Gunman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    im not having that, if you start being reasonable then for the sake of balance I'm going to have to start up a hate campaign against him.

Look, I can’t ignore some of the stuff I’ve been told. As young professionals the club has a duty of care to treat them right and proper, especially lads who have been with the club since they were young and some of the things I’ve heard both publically from the manager and from other sources that hasn’t been the case, particularly for one young player no longer with the club at the moment. Maybe it will come out in time, maybe it won’t.

However, what I don’t want is people thinking I’ve been told these things by the players themselves when that is 100% not the case, i don’t even know any of them players personally. Never met any of them. Just me being my usually opinionated self after hearing some second hand information from a couple of reliable sources so I have no reason to believe what I’ve heard is not true. In short all views are my own but if we are not allowed to have an opinion on the manager, club, players what’s the point of a club message board / forum.

That said I realise I was getting to almost Blulewj x Harris stage with Morison and I gave him enough stick over being so miserable and one eyed

Plus, as far as the first team goes things are looking up so I would look a bit daft if I kept up the hate campaign. Not even I am that stubborn, not after Wednesday night anyway.

However, tomorrow is another day and I’ll be a few beers in by 5pm so it could all change again. I’m sure it will at some stage.

So for now Morison IN

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Look, I can’t ignore some of the stuff I’ve been told. As young professionals the club has a duty of care to treat them right and proper, especially lads who have been with the club since they were young and some of the things I’ve heard both publically from the manager and from other sources that hasn’t been the case, particularly for one young player no longer with the club at the moment. Maybe it will come out in time, maybe it won’t.

However, what I don’t want is people thinking I’ve been told these things by the players themselves when that is 100% not the case, i don’t even know any of them players personally. Never met any of them. Just me being my usually opinionated self after hearing some second hand information from a couple of reliable sources so I have no reason to believe what I’ve heard is not true. In short all views are my own but if we are not allowed to have an opinion on the manager, club, players what’s the point of a club message board / forum.

That said I realise I was getting to almost Blulewj x Harris stage with Morison and I gave him enough stick over being so miserable and one eyed

Plus, as far as the first team goes things are looking up so I would look a bit daft if I kept up the hate campaign. Not even I am that stubborn, not after Wednesday night anyway.

However, tomorrow is another day and I’ll be a few beers in by 5pm so it could all change again. I’m sure it will at some stage.

So for now Morison IN
    we aren't suddenly transformed into world beaters yet, I'm sure there will be plenty of more opportunities to get the pitch forks out again by the end of the season

Surely we are allowed to judge as we go along and change our mind as things develop?

I’m not going to keep repeating myself in the reasons why I dislike the man, I’m boring myself as well as others, but I’m big enough to admit he’s proving me wrong at the moment.

Tuesdays performance was right up there with some of the best football we’ve played since we tore Leeds a new one at Elland Rd one year.

More high energy football and less prickly press conferences and he may well win me over.
    Good for you! We could all show a little more humility once in a while… and I agree with you on the Leeds comparison which is my favourite performance of the last 25 or so years

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Maybe your response to the use of the word remarkable is that you have formed a negative view on our manager, made your view known and have looked for reasons that support your argument?
    Maybe it’s simply because I regard the job Morison has done thus far in lifting the side from 21st to 20th in the Championship table as unremarkable.

Your comments regarding Dave Jones are odd. Are you sure you’ve got the right person or have you made yet another misjudgment? Like most City fans, I often enjoyed the style of football under Jones, but I was in no way enamoured with the man himself. On the contrary, my personal experience of him was far from favourable.

I much preferred Malky Mackay, who was a breath of fresh air after Jones. But then the rebrand occurred, so that was the end of that.

As regards the managers since, I haven’t especially disliked any of them except for maybe Warnock, and although I didn’t like him I often found him entertaining. Unlike his football, which apart from a brief spell was anything but.

International

It would have made more sense if the players that have been brought in were not as young as our own youngsters he is taking “out of the spotlight” and they are just as inexperienced in the championship.

I have heard Colwill has been moved out of the first team dressing room and back with the under 23s changing room although he is still training with first team.

The irony is he’s got the job because he was under 23 manager and we had a load of under 23s in the first team picture which he’d worked with previously but now he’s bombed every one except Isaak Davies out.
    He seems to know what he's doing with the young players, I think he is partly taking them out of the limelight and pressure to keep them grounded and hungry to impress and force there way back into the first team. He might be a bit straight talking but I think he knows what to do to motivate young players, time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He seems to know what he's doing with the young players, I think he is partly taking them out of the limelight and pressure to keep them grounded and hungry to impress and force there way back into the first team. He might be a bit straight talking but I think he knows what to do to motivate young players, time will tell!
    Yep, we will see. He never come through as a young player, he was a late starter in the pro game, so doesn’t have the experience to draw on. Time will tell wether the tough love approach will work.

I’m not going over old ground but let’s just say some
    of the things which are alleged to have gone on with one or two of the lads now on loan it’s not something I would wish for my children to experience whenever they start out as young adults in whatever industry they go into. Football, much like the army, seems to be able to operate differently to the rest of society.

Reading between the lines on Twitter I don’t think Colwills friends and family are too impressed with the way he’s been treated by Morison either.

Yep, we will see. He never come through as a young player, he was a late starter in the pro game, so doesn’t have the experience to draw on. Time will tell wether the tough love approach will work.

I’m not going over old ground but let’s just say some
    of the things which are alleged to have gone on with one or two of the lads now on loan it’s not something I would wish for my children to experience whenever they start out as young adults in whatever industry they go into. Football, much like the army, seems to be able to operate differently to the rest of society.

Reading between the lines on Twitter I don’t think Colwills friends and family are too impressed with the way he’s been treated by Morison either.
    Personally, I think Morison has made some mistakes... The critical question for me is whether he's learning from them.

I didn't like the way he singled out Davies and I'm sure everyone, especially Colwill and his friends and family, would like to see him get some more game time... Although I think the Welsh call up for the euros, when he hadn't proved himself at league level, probably skewered expectations and maybe benching him until our team improved was a genius move.

Jury is still out on whether Morison is too stubborn to change or whether he is learning quickly and changing for the better.

I hope the latter. This is of course his first senior management job and we need to give him the grace needed to get on with things and learn.

However, the proof is in the pudding.

Davies appears to be coming on in leaps and bounds and Colwill coming on in the last few games seems to be in a better position (central) and making an impact... A lovely goal against Liverpool and also a great assist against Peterborough.

Bagan also seems to have benefitted from being brought in, albeit due to loans ending and injuries, to a better side with more of an attacking ethos.

Other younger players are also performing well in the new look side.... Ng, Wintle and McGuiness.. plus the young players on loan are enjoying themselves and performing.

But let's see what the next few months bring.