I found this article on the Bulls News website when I was looking for news about Keenan Patten. It may well be old news but I hadn't realised that this is another ex player involved with the Club. Was particularly interested with his comment as to how the Academy set up is now compared to a few years back.

Steve Jenkins Is Coaching At Cardiff

Former Hereford FC assistant manager Steve Jenkins has been working as a youth coach with Cardiff City since the start of the season.

In an interview he explains how he is enjoying the role.

I'm really enjoying it so far," said Steve. "I knew the setup that I'd be joining when I first moved to work for the Academy, and have been impressed by the different areas that comprise the development of our young players.

"My first four to six weeks were really interesting, as I saw how the programmes that the Academy run are put together, both on and off the pitch. Meeting everybody around the place was enjoyable too, of course.

"The difference in standards now compared to even a few years ago is massive, and it can only be good for the young players. The work that goes into their development really does function so that they can become the best version of themselves that they can be.

"The hope is of course that some of them will go on to put on the First Team shirt for Cardiff City, or if not then for other clubs at other levels.

"Having left my previous job at Barnet, I really wanted to work with young players again. It had been one of the most enjoyable roles for myself when I was working with them at Hereford, and it was what I wanted to focus on.

"The opportunity to work with Cardiff City's Academy arose, so I went for it, and my main goal is to make a difference. There are some really good coaches at the Club, and I think that the balance of experience across the age groups is really good.

"I've got over 30 years of experience from playing and coaching in football, so hopefully I can use that to help develop these younger players."