+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next years season tickets

Re: Next years season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed. I just found this article, which I thought was interesting and worth adding to the thread.

All Championship sides get £4.5m from the Premier League, known as solidarity payments, unless they have parachute payments. They also get £2.5m each from TV rights and anything between £10k and £100k for each live Sky game. Suppose we managed to get £1m from live games just for argument's sake. That would give us £8m in income before we start with ticket sales.

Add on £3m? for season tickets and the same for other tickets, corporate etc? Now up to £14m. Add on sponsorship, club shop income. How much would that be?

Without considering paying any wages, spending £6m on Madine was a reckless waste of money, but one that, due to the ridiculous amounts of money flooding in for playing in the top flight, that was felt was necessary. It's easy to see how Championship sides can get into financial difficulty if they keep trying to chase the dream.
    " It's easy to see how Championship sides can get into financial difficulty if they keep trying to chase the dream "this is so true

As is JR Hartelys view on costs for families, that is a big barrier in growing more fans and funds

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    " It's easy to see how Championship sides can get into financial difficulty if they keep trying to chase the dream "this is so true

As is JR Hartelys view on costs for families, that is a big barrier in growing more fans and funds
    I 100% agree with him. It should also be noted that such a barrier doesn't exist as much if you're a Premier League club.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I 100% agree with him. It should also be noted that such a barrier doesn't exist as much if you're a Premier League club.

The barrier still exists in the Premiership, Arsenal and the like have thousands of empty seats for night games and we would if we were established

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The barrier still exists in the Premiership, Arsenal and the like have thousands of empty seats for night games and we would if we were established
    A normal Premier League season throws up very few night fixtures. The last couple of seasons have seen an increase due to covid related postponements. We didn’t have many in our two seasons and I can’t recall us ever being the Monday night game.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I know the amount of people who use it is a drop in the ocean but the demise of the football buses straight after the game has deterred my two mates from attending night games. They’re both not so good on their legs and struggle to walk far. On a Saturday, when we’ve got plenty of time, they’ll make it to Canton for a pint but the night games where you just want to get home is a nuisance.
    This affects me.
    Unless my lads are available to take me, I don't go.
    One has a small boy to look after, the other an expectant partner - both are more important to football, and they don't want to chance picking up anything that they might pass on.

In recent years Cardiff City season ticket holders have actually been treated very well in relation to renewal pricing, with mostly no increases at all or, at worst, minimal increases. That included the Premier League season. Season ticket sales actually held up well in the last two years of the pandemic, at a time when the ‘sooth sayers’ were forecasting catastrophic falls in sales due to the poor football on offer and uncertainty over whether fans would be allowed to attend games. We sold around 14000 last year (for this season) when many people thought we would be lucky to get over 10000. We have a much more loyal fanbase than some people are prepared to give us credit for. It is also difficult to understand how anyone can have a go at the club now, when next years deals haven't even been announced. Thats not to say that the club shouldn't have special offers or be creative on ‘walk up’ match day pricing to attract people through the gates on the day but not at the expense of the loyal season ticket holders by under cutting what they have paid in advance to back the club and secure their chosen seats.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In recent years Cardiff City season ticket holders have actually been treated very well in relation to renewal pricing, with mostly no increases at all or, at worst, minimal increases. That included the Premier League season. Season ticket sales actually held up well in the last two years of the pandemic, at a time when the ‘sooth sayers’ were forecasting catastrophic falls in sales due to the poor football on offer and uncertainty over whether fans would be allowed to attend games. We sold around 14000 last year (for this season) when many people thought we would be lucky to get over 10000. We have a much more loyal fanbase than some people are prepared to give us credit for. It is also difficult to understand how anyone can have a go at the club now, when next years deals haven't even been announced. Thats not to say that the club shouldn't have special offers or be creative on ‘walk up’ match day pricing to attract people through the gates on the day but not at the expense of the loyal season ticket holders by under cutting what they have paid in advance to back the club and secure their chosen seats.
    Can you explain your final sentence, please? I wasn't aware that loyal season ticket holders had already bought season tickets for next season, so how could they be undercut?